The universal interfaces "miface" are used for converting serial interfaces to fieldbus interfaces.
- Integration of serial devices into industrial networks
- Communication application for serial devices in fieldbus
- Uniform bus structure
- Cost reduction due to the use of similar interfaces
- Optimisation of the data structure
The universal interfaces of the model series "miface" are equipped with a robust aluminum housing for industrial use.
The mechanical design is made for top-hat rail mounting. Additionally, freely accessible DIP switches are also included, e.g. for selecting the serial interface.The current operating status is indicated via status LEDs.
Depending on the model, the interfaces have a fieldbus interface which transmits the data to be transferred in the required format.
- miface PN with converter from Profinet to RS232, RS485 or RS422
- miface PB with converter from Profibus to RS232, RS485 or RS422
- miface EN with converters from Ethernet to RS232, RS485 or RS422
The interfaces operate on the communicator principle: Profinet IO RT, Profibus-DP and Ethernet TCP/IP fieldbus data are converted into an electrically isolated serial interface (RS232, RS485 or RS422).
|miface PN||miface PB||miface EN|
|Interface 1||2 x Profinet IO RT|
(with integrated Switch)
|Transmission rate||100 MBit/s||9,6 Kbit/s to 12 Mbit/s||10/100 MBit/s|
|Interface 2||RS232 , RS485 or RS422|
1,2 to 115 Kbit/s
|300 Bit/s to 230 Kbit/s|
|Data format||7N2, 8N1, 8E1, 8O1||7N1, 7E1, 7O1,|
7N2, 7E2, 7O2,
8N1, 8E1, 8O1,
8N2, 8E2, 8O2
Housing & Mounting
|Housing||top-hat rail housing, aluminium design|
(W x H x T)
|26 x 105 x 70 mm (without clip fastener)|
|Mounting||top-hat rail (35 mm)|
|Operating voltage||12...30 VDC|
|approx. 2,4 W at 24 VDC operating voltage|
|Operating temperature||0...+50° C|
|Storage temperature||-25...+60° C|